Dr. Travis Bradberry is one of the nation’s leading experts in emotional intelligence. For the past six years, we have utilized his best selling book, Emotional Intelligence 2.0, in leadership development training throughout our company. This week, I’m sharing one of his inspiring newsletter articles, 13 Habits of Exceptionally Likeable People. Too many people succumb […]
Search results for "listening"
Recently, the biggest blunder in the 90-year history of the Oscars took place when the wrong envelope for Best Picture was given to presenter Warren Beatty, resulting in an unforgettably embarrassing moment for the entire Academy of Motion Pictures dubbed “Envelopegate.” How could such a simple task result in such a monumental oversight? After all, […]
In a recent post, I shared a statement from a friend that has become a personal affirmation: I will be where I am….wherever I am. For me, presence starts with what Emotional Intelligence expert Dr. Travis Bradberry calls “the art of listening.” Isn’t it interesting that he refers to listening, something that seems as basic to […]
Last spring, I was having a “30,000 foot” conversation with a friend, sharing some of our mutual leadership and relational challenges. During the exchange, he shared a statement that resonated so strongly with me that it became a personal theme, a constant reminder that underscores an ongoing obstacle in my life: I will be where […]
Sign up to receive my blogs via email and I’ll send you my Personal Branding Guide
Present the best version of YOU to the world by creating a distinct and authentic personal brand profile.
Sign up to get my blog posts via email and get my FREE 6-step Guide to Creating your own Personal Brand Profile
Follow Me On Facebook
- The Life Changing Impact of Taking Responsibility March 19, 2015
- The Magic of Thinking Big August 21, 2013
- Five Reasons to Think Twice Before Getting a Flu Shot November 2, 2016
- How To Squeeze The Most Out Of Any Training Session June 11, 2014
- Get those “Buts” out of your mouth! Six “Power Talking” tips that will strengthen your communication, inspire cooperation, and build your personal brand June 5, 2013
- 13 Habits of Exceptionally Likeable People October 16, 2017
- Optimism Rules: Why We Should Embrace Good News… Despite the Headlines September 27, 2017
- Power Talking: Get Those “Buts” Out Of Your Mouth September 21, 2017
- What a Record Setting Cyclist Can Teach Us About Achievement September 6, 2017
- How to Live to 100: Nine Healthy Blue Zone Habits August 3, 2017
- Beverly Snable: Bill, Loved reading this! Yes, we have come along...
- Nick: My friend, Bill! His optimism is but one of his ma...
- Bill Marsh Jr: Great point, Kelly. "Just" is one of those fille...
- Kelly Ellis: One word I am actively eliminating from my vocabul...
- Nick: Once again, great stuff Bill. I cringe at how man...