Recently, the biggest blunder in the 90-year history of the Oscars took place when the wrong envelope for Best Picture was given to presenter Warren Beatty, resulting in an unforgettably embarrassing moment for the entire Academy of Motion Pictures dubbed “Envelopegate.” How could such a simple task result in such a monumental oversight? After all, […]
Search results for "listening"
In a recent post, I shared a statement from a friend that has become a personal affirmation: I will be where I am….wherever I am. For me, presence starts with what Emotional Intelligence expert Dr. Travis Bradberry calls “the art of listening.” Isn’t it interesting that he refers to listening, something that seems as basic to […]
Last spring, I was having a “30,000 foot” conversation with a friend, sharing some of our mutual leadership and relational challenges. During the exchange, he shared a statement that resonated so strongly with me that it became a personal theme, a constant reminder that underscores an ongoing obstacle in my life: I will be where […]
“Conversational competence may be the single most overlooked skill we fail to teach.” – Paul Barnwell, teacher and writer A fellow blogger and good friend of mine once described good communication as “the act of furthering understanding between two people.” I think that’s true, which is why I find the increasing polarization of our society […]
Sign up to receive my blogs via email and I’ll send you my Personal Branding Guide
Present the best version of YOU to the world by creating a distinct and authentic personal brand profile.
Sign up to get my blog posts via email and get my FREE 6-step Guide to Creating your own Personal Brand Profile
Follow Me On Facebook
- The Life Changing Impact of Taking Responsibility March 19, 2015
- The Magic of Thinking Big August 21, 2013
- Five Reasons to Think Twice Before Getting a Flu Shot November 2, 2016
- The One Thing You Must Do To Present the Best Version of You March 2, 2017
- 5 Keys to Becoming a Good Conversationalist May 4, 2016
- How to Live to 100: Nine Healthy Blue Zone Habits August 3, 2017
- Six Lifestyle Changes You Can Make This Summer July 13, 2017
- Everything You Do Matters June 23, 2017
- Maximize Your Happiness This Summer June 14, 2017
- Four Key Decisions That Shape Your Character June 8, 2017
- nathan dunn: Your words are inspiring Bill'' Thankyou for ...
- Mike Peacock: Smiling not only helps your health but also the he...
- Nick: I need friends who make me smile more 😂...
- Bill Marsh Jr: Thanks, Jil. Your story reminds me what a gift it ...
- Jil: Wow, what a moving column. The video by Andy Andre...